Thursday, August 5, 2010

'my doubts fade away when i'm kissin' you...'

so i decided to write this story here about a girls first kiss. my friend actually inspired this story because this is what happened to her. the descriptions came from Kissin' U by Miranda Cosgrove... so i hope you guys like it!

I had liked him for two years and where was I now? Oh, yeah... On a date with him. I was flying inside knowing that I was sitting next to him in this dark and cold movie theatre. 
Earlier that day my friend had forwarded an email to me that he had sent to her. It said:
i really hope i get to kiss her tonight but i don’t want her to be all grossed out and not want to kiss me. i really like her so i don’t want to rush things. i just wish she would say ‘you can kiss me now’ when she wanted to be kissed. 
And that’s exactly what I had decided to do. Say ‘you can kiss me now’ and then all of his problems would be solved. I know he hadn’t wanted me to know about this email but maybe he would be slightly relieved.  
But maybe he really didn’t want me to read it... Maybe he wanted it to be a surprise that he was going to kiss me. Maybe he was just kidding about the whole ‘you can kiss me now’ thing.
This ongoing battle inside me lasted until I finally decided that I just needed to lean over and say it. Say it so he could feel relieved. Say it so I could kiss him. Say it so he could be my first kiss. 
It was like he knew what I was thinking because he slipped his hand into mine just then. My hand was tingling as I looked up at him. So I wouldn’t have to say it, I thought to myself. He’ll just kiss me; piece of cake. He smiled gently at me but then turned back to the screen. 
So maybe he didn’t want to kiss me after all...
But there was only way to find out. I leaned over close to his ear and whispered, “You can kiss me now.” I saw his eyes widen a bit and as I leaned back into my seat he turned and pressed his warm lips against mine. Time instantly stopped and there was nowhere else I would rather be except for here, kissing him. I knew if I opened my eyes at this moment, everything would be still. Because all the sounds that I used to here were fading and blurring. Because I knew the world had stopped turning when it realized that I was having my first kiss with the guy I had liked for two years.
My lips tingled from the sparks that felt like electricity passing through us. I lifted my hand up to his cheek to keep us there for as long as possible. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment